TRI SODIUM CITRATE 30 - 100 MESH
Tri-Sodium Citrate is the sodium salt of fully neutralised citric acid. It is a white crystalline powder, which dissolves in hot or cold water to form a weakly alkaline solution with a bitter, tart taste. However, when the pH is decreased with an acid such as citric acid for example; it can increase the citrus flavour at a given pH compared to citric acid on its own. Tri-Sodium Citrate is a buffering agent and sequestrant, which binds calcium and heavy metal ions. This action can act as an anti-oxidant synergist as well as controlling the gelling action of soluble calcium ions with hydrocolloids such as sodium alginate or amidated and low methoxyl pectin. Tri-Sodium Citrate is also used to facilitate the solubility of hydrocolloids such as sodium alginate and Gellan Gum by binding calcium and magnesium ions. Sodium Citrate is also process stable.
- Control of pH and flavour in citrus drinks based on organic acids such as malic or citric acid
- Source of sodium ions, flavour and pH control in drinks intended for post exercise rehydration
- pH control in jams and jellies containing low methoxyl and amidated pectin
- Control of the pH, rate of gelling and final texture in hydrocolloid gels
- Used with phosphates in the production of processed cheese
Direct Food Ingredients are suppliers of Tri Sodium Citrate 30 - 100 Mesh. We also stock other products in the Acidulants range. Contact us here for more info.
Listed below are all the specifications we have for this product.
- Amino Acids
- Colours - Natural
- Colours - Synthetic
- Essential Oils and Flavour Components
- Flavour Enhancers
- Gums and Gelling Agents
- Herbal Extracts
- Sweeteners Bulk
- Sweeteners Intense Natural
- Sweeteners Intense Synthetic